This baklava was one of my revelations this Summer! I was astonished by how easy this is to make and also HOW easy to veganise.:) Try it yourself and I promise you won’t be disappointed!:)
400 gr. brown sugar
150 gr. phyllo dough sheets
100 gr. ground almonds
85 gr. crushed pistachios
50 gr. walnuts
25 gr. flaked almonds, to serve
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 tsp cinnamon
1. Pre-heat your oven to 170º/180º.
2. Crush the pistachios with the walnuts and add in the ground almonds. Season with the cinnamon and reserve the flaked almonds for later.
3. Put the sugar in a pan and cover it just slightly with water. Bring it to the stove and to a boil, simply to melt, stirring regularly. Switch off when starting to bubble.
4. Prepare a non-stick tray and brush it with the coconut oil. Add one layer of phyllo pastry in the bottom, sprinkle with one of your mixed nuts, sugar, another layer of phyllo, nuts, sugar, etc until you finish the ingredients (the last layer should be of phyllo).
5. Flatten it slightly with your hands and sprinkle with the flaked almonds on top.
6. Put it in the oven for about 40 minutes or until golden.